I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but Minnesota, at least the northern part, is very flat. We reached the North Dakota state line at 1pm and guess what? ND is as flat, if not flatter, than MN :)
Had a chance to get up close and personal with a wind powered generator, see pix below. Kinda strange, there was no fence or anything; you could walk/drive right up to it. There was a maintenance guy there that told me it generates about 1 megawatt, which is enough to power 300-400 homes. Pretty cool!
Today we traveled from Hermantown, MN to Devils Lake, ND.
|I hope y'all appreciate this picture. I had to pull the van up over a curb to park beside the road and walk about 3/10ths of a mile out on this bridge to take this picture. I'm sure all the locals thought I was crazy...||...and I'm lucky no LEOs came along :)||Here's the windmill from the road.||And here it is up close and personal. Each blade is 80 feet long.|
Food, ice, etc.: $8
Lodging: $36 - Trails West Motel, Devils Lake, ND
Other: $37 - To Bill in Blue in Larimore, ND. May next time be under better circumstances :)
1. It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off.
2. Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
3. And your crybaby whiny-assed opinion would be...?
4. Do I look like a people person?
5. This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.
6. I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.
7. Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.
8. If I throw a stick, will you leave?
9. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.
10. Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.